21 February 2014

I'm no artist, but one has to try.

These Buddy Bears were all over the place in Berlin. I didn't get to take a photo of them all, but got most of the ones I did see. They seemed to appear is some strange places inside and outside. I liked that they were all painted differently. Kind of appropriate to the timing, I found a bear with an Olympic medal. There were two at the Olympic Stadium, but I could only get so close to them as they were behind the guarded gate. You can see the soccer ball (football) by his foot.




I tried to be a little artsy with some photos of the trees and vines in our Sunday walk around town. Here is what I came up with. Not my best work, but I kind of like the vines running up the sides of buildings.




Do you think I'm looking up or down in the photo below?


Penny kept talking about the walk - don't walk signals on the corners of streets and how they were different in the East and West parts of Berlin. 


We actually found a store called "Ampellman" which had all kinds of products with these figures on them. Is was quite funny.

While getting on the train at one of the stations we spotted these shoes. I wonder if they make him fly?


People give me grief about my five fingers, but these are strange. Notice the face on the tongue of the shoe!

And finally on the train home, we got a great view of a sunset. A nice finish to our trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment